Probate AdministrationThe stress and trauma of dealing with a relative’s death can be magnified when it comes to finances and paperwork, especially tax forms.
Death can throw up all sorts of financial shocks, from a nasty surprise in the Will, hidden debts or even a stash of share certificates that are unaccounted for.
Knowing where to start can be tough and create tensions within grieving families.
The process of Probate involves:
- Collecting any money that is owed.
- Settling debts due (including outstanding taxes).
- Dividing the estate amongst the respective beneficiaries.
Whether you are an Executor or the next of kin, the list of duties can be a daunting prospect. Our qualified team understand what you are going through and are here to offer our full support and guidance to those who have suffered bereavement.
- Help you deal with the legal and financial consequences.
- Assist with financial arrangements and advise you how to register a death.
- Explain the effect of the Will.
- Explain the consequences if there is no Will.
- Help you lodge required forms to relevant organizations to collect monies due, including HM Revenue & Customs forms.
- Settle any outstanding debts.
- Keep all parties concerned up to date with proceedings.
You do not have to be an Affinity client to take advantage of the professional advice available from our Probate team. Our dedicated professionals have a wealth of experience. We understand what you are going through and are here to help you through a difficult time.